Hollowverse

Shaquille O'Neal is religious

Shaquille O'Neal

Shaquille O'Neal

Religion

# Muslim Background
11 Nov 2011

In an interview with PR, Shaquille O'Neal said

Everything that I’ve done helps me equate with everybody. My father’s a Muslim so I can say hello to the Muslim people. My accountant, who’s one of my favorite people in the world, is a Jewish guy. So now I can speak a little bit of Hebrew. My best friend is Mexican from San Antonio, so you know, I always tell people that I lived a Karate Kid sort of life. Growing up, I’ve just seen so much and gone through so much that now it just makes me a people person. Everybody likes me, so I can go to a Muslim guy and say, “Assalamu Alaikum.” Faith is all about what you believe. As a man, as a person, you can never disrespect anybody’s faith and say, “That’s not right.” You’re gonna believe what you believe. Muslim religion and all these religions have been around thousands and thousands of years. So who am I to say, “Hey, don’t do this, don’t do that.” You believe what they believe, you respect what they respect, and you respect that person as a man or a woman, and you’ll make it far in life. Fact is I’m Muslim, I’m Jewish, I’m Buddhist, I’m everybody ‘cause I’m a people person.
Source >

This user contribution was reformatted and added to the record of Shaquille O'Neal's views on 13 May 2022.