Hollowverse

Rose McGowan Confronted About Trans Rights

Rose McGowan

Rose McGowan

LGBTQ+

# LGBTQ+ Supporter
1 Feb 2018

During a book singing at the Union Square Barnes & Noble in Manhattan, responding to a trans woman questioning her stance on transgender rights, Rose McGowan said

Don’t label me, sister. Don’t put your labels on me. Don’t you f—ing do that. Do not put your labels on me. I don’t come from your planet. Leave me alone. I do not subscribe to your rules. I do not subscribe to your language. You will not put labels on me or anybody. Step the f— back. What I do for the f—ing world and you should be f—ing grateful. Shut the f— up. Get off my back. What have you done? I know what I’ve done, God dammit. […]

Trans women are women and what I’ve been trying to say is that it’s the same. The stats are not that dissimilar. When you break it down, it is a much smaller population. There’s not a network here devoted to your f—ing death. There’s not advertisers advertising tampons with a camera lovingly going up a girl’s body as she’s being lovingly raped and strangled. Piss off. And until you can collect that f—ing check, back up. My name is Rose McGowan and I am obviously f—ing brave.

Source >

This user contribution was reformatted and added to the record of Rose McGowan’s views on 13 Jul 2022.