Hollowverse

Mayim bialik speaks out on Trumps policy

Mayim Bialik

Mayim Bialik

Political Affiliations

# Criticizes Trump
# Pro-Choice
2 Apr 2016

I respect the right of other people to have opinions even if I don’t agree with them. I respect the right of other people to think I am a horrible person because I support a women’s right to an abortion. What I do not respect is other people challenging my authority over my uterus and my life. Trump cultivates extremist views, not just about Muslims or Mexicans, but also about women, restricting our movements and our agency over our own bodies. And I cannot tolerate it.

I have heard from a lot of Republicans who have said that Donald Trump does not speak for them, especially on this issue. I commend Republicans for standing up and being brave. And I commend the generations of women who have laid down their lives to protect the rights of women. I join those women and I join with all Americans, those who support abortion and those who don’t, in saying, when it comes to outrageous, misogynistic and extremist comments from Donald Trump about women, enough is enough.

Source >

This user contribution was reformatted and added to the record of Mayim Bialik’s views on 10 Aug 2022.