Hollowverse

Betty White's beliefs and ideas

I am a member of Unity Church of Christ.
There is a lot of misinformation being dispersed about Unity ( by people who seemingly know little about it). First of all, it is not a true new Christian denomination. It is a place for Christians, (and everyone else) to appreciate the truth in Christianity and prove it. It does not demand that Unity Church members follow any rigid dogma or creed (despite what some authorities in the Unity organization might state as “what we believe.”

There are 5 basic general principles in Unity (distilled from a former long list set down by Charles Fillmore as his original “statement of faith”, but these do not limit or restrict the faith of any Christian.

Unity’s Five Basic Principles Quoted from The Unity Church of Christ website:

1. There is only one Presence and one Power active as the universe and as my life, God the Good.

2. Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence, called the Christ, was fully expressed in Jesus and it is within us. This spark of Divinity is within everyone.

3. We are co-creators with God, creating our reality through thoughts held in mind.

4. Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.

5. Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.

I believe in one God as stated in the Bible:
John 1:1-14 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

I believe that Jesus was God’s only fully begotten son. He died for my sin was resurrected and rejoined his father in heaven. I was made in God’s image and the holy spirit resides in me showing me the way I should strive to live. There is only only one Christ Jesus, but I strive to follow his example. My faith in Jesus will be rewarded when he returns to this world.

I have free will and my actions, thought and words help me co-create my reality with God.

Through prayer I align myself closer to God, the creator and essence of all.

Unity teaches that’s it is not enough to merely know these things, we must live by them. I do this by following the guidance of the Holy Spirit I received when I recognized Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, at one with with God and the Holy Spirit.

I am a non-denominational Christian. I attend Unity because it is welcoming to all, much as Jesus would have wanted.

It is ironic that anyone would attempt to state what a member of Unity believes, since even it’s founder, Charles Fillmore, declined to set any rigid list of believes and rules. He instead said that, “Unity is a link in the great educational movement inaugurated by Jesus Christ; our objective is to discern the truth in Christianity and prove it. The truth that we teach is not new, neither do we claim special revelations or discovery of new religious principles. Our purpose is to help and teach mankind to
use and prove the eternal Truth taught by the Master.”

People in Unity are not obligated to adhere to any ritual but many, like me, prefer to know that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and faith in him is all we need.

It is true that Unity welcomes everyone, but it’s basic teaching is the message of Jesus and it’s basic text is the Bible. It is a place where anyone can come to learn to live the way God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit directs. Unless someone asked Betty White exactly what she believed, it is impossible to assume anything about her deeply held beliefs simply because she attends a Unity Church. Judging by her words and deeds, there is no reason to think she is not in heaven with Jesus now.