Hollowverse

Barack Obama promoted immigration reform

Barack Obama

Barack Obama

Immigration

# Pro-immigration
21 Nov 2014

In an address to the nation, Barack Obama said

My fellow Americans, tonight, I’d like to talk with you about immigration. For more than 200 years, our tradition of welcoming immigrants from around the world has given us a tremendous advantage over other nations. […] But today, our immigration system is broken — and everybody knows it. […] Now, I continue to believe that the best way to solve this problem is by working together to pass that kind of common sense law. But until that happens, there are actions I have the legal authority to take as President. Tonight, I am announcing those actions. First, we’ll build on our progress at the border with additional resources for our law enforcement personnel so that they can stem the flow of illegal crossings, and speed the return of those who do cross over. Second, I’ll make it easier and faster for high-skilled immigrants, graduates, and entrepreneurs to stay and contribute to our economy, as so many business leaders have proposed. Third, we’ll take steps to deal responsibly with the millions of undocumented immigrants who already live in our country.
Source >

This user contribution was reformatted and added to the record of Barack Obama's views on 12 Jul 2022.