Hollowverse

[Anthony Mackie] He's tweeted out support for Donald Trump. He said he would 100% vote for trump

Anthony Mackie

Anthony Mackie

Political Affiliations

# Possibly Supports Trump
19 Oct 2015

In an interview with BET, Anthony Mackie said

I would 100 percent want to run Trump's campaign. 100 percent. I mean, first that'll be the best party ever when he won, and second, Trump's an easy sell... When you look at Trump, he's an easy sell because you can sell him as the guy who worked his way up from nothing. And I think if you're a 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' candidate, people would identify with that.

[…]

I’m on the bandwagon. I’m drinking the Kool-Aid!

Source >

This user contribution was reformatted and added to the record of Anthony Mackie’s views on 13 Jul 2022.

Hi Robin! Thanks for submitting! This is an interesting case. At first, it seems like Anthony is being serious. But he later says he was making a joke. So we have to take his word for it, we can’t publish this as a display of his political beliefs. Sorry!

Hi again Robin! I discussed this with another moderator and we are reconsidering! I think it’s entirely possible that Anthony was serious but retracted his statement due to backlash. So it’s important to register his statement. I’ll add the fact. Thank you so much for the contribution!